Hospitality Executive Entrance Exams
If we got a chance to enjoy the work in career with good earning is becoming like the cakes in both hands. Then this would be great interest for those upcoming aspiring students who are found of traveling and wish to have chance to move abroad through their job or career perspective.
Every year the numbers of tourist for various reasons are visiting India. So by the time to stay in India all prefers to live in well maintained hotels and want to hire good travel packages too. So it becomes significant to raise the quality and quantity of amenities being provided to them in the country. The career opportunities in this area are immense. If we would work sincerely in this field, indirectly we would raise our country’s prestige with the famous slogan of ‘Atithi Devo Bhav’ in front of foreigners.
The proven names in the hotels industry include the Taj, Oberoi, ITC, Hayat, ITDC Group of Hotels etc. International brands like Hilton, Holiday Inn etc are also functioning in India. There are abundant hotel management colleges and institutes in India that offers the degree, diploma and certificate courses.
1. The ITDC - Indian Tourism Development Corporation, An ISO 9001 certified training consultancy organization.
2. The Ashok Institute of Hospitality & Tourism Management is run by ITDC in New Delhi. The Institute conducts a four-year Bachelor\'s Degree Course in ‘International Hospitality Business Management\' that includes various diplomas and degrees courses are as follows:
• Trade Diploma Courses in Hotel Operations
• Air Hostess course
• Aviation, Travel & Tourism Courses
• Hotel Trade Apprenticeship Training
• Industrial Training Related to Hospitality Industry
• Executive Development Programmes
• Non-Executive Development Programmes
• Hospitality Related Training Consultancy for :
• Ministry of Tourism, Government of India
• Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation
• Prime Minister\'s House
• State Houses in New Delhi
• Indian Foreign Services Institute
• Public / Private Sector Organizations
• State Tourism – Himachal, Uttarakhand, Nagaland, Puducherry, J&K
• Social Welfare Department, Government of Karnataka
• Scheduled Caste Welfare Department, Government of Gujarat
• Directorate General Resettlement (Ministry of Defence)
• Board of Technical Education, Government of Delhi
The basic personality traits which are compulsory for the candidate can be concluding:
• Good interpersonal and intrapersonal communication skills,
• Smart and hard work to be shown at work
• Having good knowledge and patience of the field
• Fair in work with pleasing personality
Basic information which can help you to prepare for ITDC
• Maintain a time table for your studies according to your syllabus plan.
• Being a language proficient is a basic requirement in this field. At the entrance level English language is testing with written and verbal. So the grammar knowledge should be sound of the candidate.
• Take some free time for outing to get relax
• Choose the right place to study for e.g. Library or home
• You can study in the friend group but with dedicated moods towards study.
• Practice previous years sample papers available on net and market too.
Indian Tourism Development Corporation Entrance Exam Pattern is following these main topics in the test:
• Aptitude for Service Sector
• English Language
• General Knowledge & Current Affairs
• Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude
• Reasoning and Logical Deduction
Exam Paper structure
The examination should be completed in 3 hours. 1 mark is meant for each correct answer. For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted. Negative marking is not there for the Aptitude for Service Sector section.
So, hard work always pays you. Reminding this thought in mind you can also win the race for getting selected in ITDC entrance exams.