Bachelor of Design
This is the era of best designing and creativity almost in the entire job sector. It is an undergraduate professional degree program for the Designing sector. At the first three years the student has to attempt the regular classes for the theory and practical exam. Some institutes and colleges are making it for 4 years course to resume the 4th year as a training process. Students who are artistic by nature and have a deep interest in capturing and formulating the new and unique ideas of the designing should take this course as their career. Students can pursue the B.Des course regular and correspondence in both ways.
Mostly youth prefer B.Des course as on priority for the designing field. It is enhancing a large field with various courses like Infrastructure, Interior, Graphics, Textiles, fashion designing etc. The course of study includes various workshops, exhibitions, shows, and seminars etc. specially made and organized by the students themselves.
Many government and recognized institutes are offering following B.Des Degrees:-
- Bachelor of Design: Architecture
- Bachelor of Design: Audiovisual Media
- Bachelor of Design: Design & Digital Arts (Computer)
- Bachelor of Design: Fashion design
- Bachelor of Design: Game design
- Bachelor of Design: Graphic design
- Bachelor of Design: Industrial design
- Bachelor of Design: Interior Architecture
- Bachelor of Design: Interior design
- Bachelor of Design: Jewelry & Metal Smith
- Bachelor of Design: Multimedia design
- Bachelor of Design: Product Design
- Bachelor of Design: Textile Design
- Bachelor of Design: Visual communications design
The multitasking advantages of the degree course in designing has a large scope in career for both in job sector and to start own business.
- If a student has cleared his degree from India and has gained a good training experience in some renowned company then there is a good chance for those one to try their luck in international standards too.
- The entrepreneurs who have completed any sort of designing degree can start their own business or factory. Such type of efforts can generate other small scale jobs for common people. Students can also help those people who are less educated but can able to earn their livelihood through the creativity skills in designing pattern.
- Students can also pursue the higher studies M.Des for getting the in-depth knowledge of their subject.
Eligibility for B.Des entrance
Any 10+2 student who is being pass out from CBSE or any equally recognized school with minimum 45% from any stream can go to grip the designing degree. Some universities are organizing entrance exams too to get enrolled in the degree course. Students who are quite passionate about their designing capabilities should opt for this course.
Admission Procedure for B.DES: various entrance exams are compulsory to clear to get admission. Interested students can submit their complete forms to the desired institute by hand or online method with the attachment of required Demand Draft and other documents. The admission will be based on the merit of entrance exam scores, and counseling method as per the institutions rules and regulations.
||IIT- JEE or AIEEE
|B.Des Fashion Designing
||SOFT, NIFT, NEED
||SOFT, NIFT, NEED
Following are the Entrance exams for admission in various design degrees in India
- IIT JEE
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification Exam
- National Entrance Examination for Design (NEED)
- National Level Entrance Aptitude Test (NLAT) conducted by the Institute
- NID Entrance Test
- NIFT Bangalore Entrance Exam
- NIFT Entrance Exam
- PEARL Academy of Fashion conducting own entrance exam
- School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) Entrance Exam
- SRM Engineering Entrance Examination
B.DES Entrance Exam syllabus
The IIT JEE entrance exam includes the pattern of exam by asking to do the freehand drawing, Geometrical drawing, Three-dimensional perception, Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity, and architectural awareness etc. All the candidates are required to carry their own complete geometry box along with crayons.
The SOFT Entrance Exam is carrying 100 marks exam with 2.30 hours of time duration. The paper would be divided into three sections general, managerial and creative ability type of questionnaire.
Some famous coaching centers for B.DES Entrance Exam preparations
- Academy of Fashion Studies
- AFD coaching classes
- Trendz Academy
Top 10 B.DES Colleges in India
- Pinnacle Institute of Fashion Technology (PIFT), Ludhiana
- National Institute of Design (NID)
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Institute Callegari Milano Mumbai
- International Institute of Fashion Design (West Delhi) - INIFD Delhi
- Hamstech Institute of Fashion & Interior Design Hyderabad
- Global Institute of Fashion Technology (GIFT) Kolkata
- Garware Institute of Career Education and Development, Mumbai
- Dhiyoh International School of Design (DISD), Pune
- Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology - CEPT University, Ahmadabad
Some of the employments options after B.DES are as follows:
A student can go for higher studies to M.Des and then teaching would be one option.
Other companies may include:
- Design and Production Management
- Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Media
- Furniture-Manufacturing Units
- Management Offices
- Quality Control companies
Job Profiles for B.Des Graduates may include:
- Costume Designers
- Design Manager
- Fashion Analyzer
- Fashion Merchandisers
- Fashion Stylists
- Graphic Designer
- Outdoor Sales Representative
- Textile Designers
- Weaving Consultants
Remuneration after B.DES
A fresher can easily get a job with minimum Rs.12000/- . This will be even higher in metro cities. With the masters degree a chance of getting more salary with some perks in specific companies can be acceptable.
For starting your own business first acquire some good experience in the job field.
Remember that, all the renowned brands and personality are not developing in a day so with sheer hard work and grace in your work you can also reach to the heights.