About St. Margaret School - Derawal Nagar
St. Margaret School is one of the prestigious schools in Delhi, which is run by St. Margaret society. It is very well connected to Model Town Metro Station. It is appreciated for the sound, moral, intellectual and physical education imparted to the children committed to its care and protection.
The school, well known for its excellence in every field. Its multi-storied building provides spacious and airy class-rooms equipped with Fully Air-conditioned Classrooms and CCTVs cameras with 24 hour surveillance for hassle free learning and teaching along with other modern facilities also. Here the modern infrastructure blends with the beautiful environs to provide a spectrum of learning activities that focus on integrated development. The school considers the formation of character the first essential of any sound educational system, and so great stress is laid on the inculcation of high ideals, gentlemanly behavior and moral rectitude.
We, the members of Margaret family, having deep faith in God, strive for a union of hearts and minds, which will transform us and lead us to witness and service. We set ourselves firmly for whatever may bring justice, love and hope. We resolve to carry forward the enduring education for the benefit to the poor and for the sake of justice. We shall try to ‘spread the light of knowledge’ and try to keep the flame of knowledge burning always.
The school follows the following objectives.
- Working towards the holistic development of the personality.
- Preparing humanitarian citizens committed to social change.
- Inculcation of all necessary skills to cope up with the challenging times.
- Developing understanding of the world policies and cultures through various exchange programs that will help prepare global inhabitants
Infrastructure of St. Margaret School - Derawal Nagar
The class room is a place where feeling of camaraderie is instilled. Pupils learn discipline, diligence, tolerance, patience and co- operation. Its environment helps them to grow and empowers them to learn and know. All the class-rooms are installed with ACs. To monitor momentary activities of the students CCTV cameras are also installed with 24 hour surveillance.
The campus has a big computer laboratory accessible to students during school hours with advanced infrastructure in terms of hardware and software to cater to the requirements of the curriculum. Here is easy internet accessibility available to the faculty and to students. Enterprising students get a chance to gain familiarity with the Internet and are also able to do comprehensive research for their projects and presentation
The school library is a vast reservoir of books which aims at the growth of the students and develops self esteem. To imbibe reading habits in students and staff members, the school library offers the following:
- A wide range of latest fiction, poetry, prose, philosophical books, magazines, comics, newspapers, text-books, audio and video cassettes, CDs, DVDs and other visual aids await avid learners and readers.
- There are approximately 5000 books in the library.
- Proper seating arrangement for primary and middle class students.
- Computerized issue and return of books to the students and staff members.
- Regular book review presented by students and staff members
The Mathematical laboratory is one of the most advanced and unique facilities of the school. The school has dedication towards greater mysteries of the intriguing and essential subject, learning advanced mathematical concepts with the help of required instruments.
- Physics lab is equipped with all the instruments and gadgets which help the students learn the concepts of physics n a simplified manner and thus making the subject more interesting to learn.
- The laboratory is spacious and well ventilated
- The lab is well stocked with sufficient apparatus for 35 students to work together at a time.
- Sufficient material to be used as teaching aids like charts, models etc.
- The lab is equipped with all the instruments and chemicals which enable the concept building of the students in the field of Chemistry.
- The lab is very spacious and well ventilated.
- Well stocked with sufficient quantity of chemicals and glass apparatus.
- Teaching aids like charts atomic models sets are available to meet teaching requirements.
- The lab is fully equipped in order to meet any untoward happening.
- The lab is well equipped with different models of the various systems of the body.
- Projection microscope is available which is used extensively by the school teachers to show historical features of plants and animal tissues along with the whole mount of various microscopic plants and animals to a group of 10-12 students at given point of time thereby saving a lot of time.
- The school has 10-12 micro models and dissectible micro models which give hands on experience to students in knowing each and every organ/part of an organization.
- Apart from this there is a wide collection of specimens of different species of animals and plants
The concept of House System is seen as an opportunity for adoption to life in the group, forming good life long habits and cultivating a voluntaristic spirit. House activities supplement academics and give the students practical training which is required in day to day life. In the school 4 houses viz- Rose, Sunflower, Lotus and Lily are organized giving an opportunity to display their talent. Prefectorial Board of the school comprising of 15 Prefects, One Captain and One Vice Captain in each house, who always strive to discharge their duties to their level best. Head Boy and Head Girl of the School have been elected to look after overall discipline of the school. Class representative are bound to show case their leadership qualities.
Games and Sport
S.M.S. is an avid participant in various games. This Institution believes in holistic development of the child. Special attention is taken for sports and games to develop a child physically and mentally. Here, infrastructure blends to provide opportunity for indoor games (Chess, Carom, Ludo etc.) and outdoor games (Badminton, Tennis, Basketball and Cricket etc.).